International Photographer of the Year – 2011
October 2011, New York.
The ‘International Photography Awards’ (IPA) annally salutes the achievements of the world’s finest photographers. In 2011, more than 8’000 submissions from 90 countries had to be judged by 70 jurors, including representatives of the world’s leading art galleries and photographic journals.
Considered by some as the Oscars of Photography, the IPA represents the most comprehensive photography contest at the international level, and the largest to date. Needless to say Micronaut is extremely happy to announce that he is awarded with 1st and 2nd prize in the ‘Micro- (professional) category.
Even more, for his winning entry ‘Cursed Knights’ Martin Oeggerli is a nominated finalist for the title ‘International Photographer of the Year 2011′. The name of the grand winner will be revealed on Monday, October 24th, 2011, during the annual IPA-celebration, Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center, New York City.
‘International Photographer of the Year’ – Winners & Finalists 2011:
- Advertising: Adam Taylor - Our Oceans Aren’t the Only Ones in Danger
- Architecture: Paul van Hulzen - Getto
- Photography Book: Edmund Clark - Guantanamo: If the Lights Go Out
- Editorial: Jacopo Quaranta - Night in Tahrir Square
- Fine Art: Chad Holder - At the Window
- Nature: Marcel van Oosten - Japanese Macaques
- People: Majid Saeedi - Landmine Victims
- Special Photography: Martin Oeggerli - Cursed Knights