Thuesday December 6th, 2011
'German Prize for Scientific Photography'
Micronaut is proud to announce that he is awarded with the 'German Prize for Scientific Photography' for the second time in three years. The award celebration took place 3rd December 2011 in the House of Science in Bremen, Germany. The winning series of images shows miraculously ornamented butterfly eggs which are usually smaller than a full-stop.
"Cute butterfly eggs are an exemplary way to showcase the potential and power of evolution and to approach people of all ages with one of the main principles of life."
Micronaut Calendar 2012
For newsletter members the new Micronaut® - Table Top Calendar 2012 is available for CHF 39.- instead of CHF 49.-
Cover: in terms of mites, this long-legged Watermite
is a giant (diameter 0.12in, 2-3mm)
Zum Titelbild: Wassermilbe - kaum grösser als ein Salzkorn, aber ein wahrer Gigant im Königreich der Milben
Great Gift for your family and friends
Micronaut's premium coffee table book 'Micronavigating between Science + Art' comes with 104 pages of stunning discoveries and features an introductory essay by Sibylle Sunda.
For delivery by 24th Dec 2011, please make sure you place your order before: 11th Dec (shipping: USD 8.-), or 18th Dec 2011 (shipping: USD 17.-) respectively.
Image of the Month
The new 'Image of the Month' is now on display. check it out!
Hmm... the news you're looking for can't be found? Enter a keyword(s) in the search field at Micronaut.ch, or try one of the following links:
- 22 October 2011: TV portrait about Micronaut by SF1
- 3 October 2011: International Photographer of the Year
- 6 September 2011: Micronaut at Gwangju Design Biennale
- 26 August 2011: Exhibition - International Images for Science
- 4 July 2011: Micronavigating between Science+Art
- 15 June 2011: A swimming beauty - Superhydrophobic surfaces
- 1 April 2011: National Geographic: Coloring by Structure
- 6 March 2011: Polliversum - a monumentary work
- 20 December 2010: Award for Outstanding Scientific Photography
- 21 November 2010: International Photography Awards
- 5 September 2010: National Geographic - Exquisite Castaways
- 1 August 2010: Switzerland Calling