Basel, 15 December 2011
Micronaut is passionate about presenting fine prints at museum quality. The new ‘Special limited edition’ was especially developed to increase spatial depth of extra large format prints and comes with polished acrylic finish and white shadow gap frame. The new flagship presentation combines the most modern technology with traditional handcraft and ensures outstanding quality.
The ‘Superhydrophobic Swimming Beauty’ is the first work presented with the new finish at XXL size. The original work spans 166×130 cm (65×50 in) and the limitation has been set to 3 pieces.
- Orders and reservations are accepted.
- Further information on other formats, editions, or pricing see Micronaut Online Gallery
‘Superhydrophobic Swimming Beauty’ – XXL Limited Edition
Mosquito eggs (Culex pipiens) generate a water repellent network by connecting microscopically small structures to trap a thin layer of air. The vitally important structures enable the egg to float and aggregate with neighbouring eggs. “Mosquito eggs are as much revolutionary as they are evolutionary – they are so fascinating, you think you must be dreaming!” says science photographer Martin Oeggerli. This work has also been awarded ‘Best Scientific Cover Image 2012′.
Micronaut Special Limited Edition Prints:
- ‘Superhydrophobic Swimming Beauty’ (XXL): size 166x130cm, 3 pieces, see above
- ‘Polliversum - A Monumental Work’ (XXL): size 180x90cm, 3 pieces
- ‘Dry Moss Capsules’ – The World’s Largest SEM (XXXL): 250x150cm, 3 pieces
- View all Special Limited Edition Prints in the Micronaut Online Gallery
- Cat flea goes fine art
Continue to: Micronaut CLASSIC – limited edition